Immerse yourself in the history and nature of Scotland with visits to iconic monumnets such as the Inveraray castle, Edinburgh castle, and Stirling castle. Enjoy the scenery at Trossachs National Park and Glencoe Valley and stop by famous movie filming locations such as Glen Etive from James Bond’s Skyfall and Clachaig Inn from Harry Potter.
Scotland and the highlands tour
DAY 1: USA | SCOTLAND
- Fly overnight to Glasgow, Scotland.
DAY 2: GLASGOW
- Welcome to Scotland! Your Forum Tour Manager will greet you at the airport and remain with your group for the length of your trip.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and drop off your luggage.
- Enjoy a guided walking tour and explore the city’s distinct Victorian architecture starting in George’s Square.
- Then, head up to the lighthouse for a panoramic view of the city.
DAY 3: LOCH LOMOND | OBAN
- After breakfast at your hotel, board your private bus to Loch Lomond and enjoy the breathtaking views of the loch and the Trossachs National Park. The fault line dividing the Highlands from the Lowlands runs right through the national park.
- Stop in the small village of Luss to enjoy a hot chocolate or English breakfast tea.
- Continue to Inveraray Castle, an iconic, fairytale-like castle, which once was the home of the Duke of Argyll, Chief of the Campbell Clan.
- End your day in the wonderful harbor town of Oban, the “Seafood Capital of Scotland.” Enjoy a stroll along its shore before heading for dinner.
DAY 4: HIGHLANDS
- After breakfast, board your private bus to enjoy a day in the majestic Highlands.
- Drive through the stunning Glencoe Valley and learn about clan rivalry and the fascinating history of the Highlands.
- You will pass by the mountainous area of Glen Etive, which has become famous through the filming of James Bond’s Skyfall.
- Stop by Clachaig Inn and visit one of the locations chosen for the filming of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Continue to Edinburgh for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 5: EDINBURGH
- After breakfast at your hotel, follow in the footsteps of literary giants like Sir Conan Arthur Doyle, Robert Louis Stevenson and J.K. Rowling on a guided walking tour through the enchanting streets of the Old Town.
- Next, take a guided tour of Edinburgh Castle, which has witnessed many of Scotland’s historical conflicts.
- As you walk down the Royal Mile, stop at the Tartan Weaving Mill to learn about the Highland Dress and see their diverse collection of tartan patterns and Scottish kilts.
- In the afternoon, take part in the tradition of tea time with 4 o’clock tea and scones in one of Edinburgh’s charming cafés.
- Enjoy some free time to explore Edinburgh at your own pace. Stop at the Elephant Café where JK Rowling began writing the Harry Potter series.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Edinburgh.
DAY 6: EDINBURGH | STIRLING | GLASGOW
- After breakfast at your hotel, discover the hidden secrets waiting for you at Mary King’s Close, a warren of underground streets frozen in time.
- In the afternoon, board your private bus to Stirling, where you will visit the Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s largest castles.
- Finish your journey with a farewell dinner in Glasgow.
DAY 7: DEPART
- After breakfast, say good-bye to your Forum Tour Manager and transfer to the airport for your flight back to the USA.
All-inclusive pricing makes it easy for teachers,
parents, and students. This trip includes: