Best city for a school exchange
Connecting Classrooms is a free program that connects schools in the U.S., Spain, and France for a virtual exchange in which students learn about each others’ daily lives and culture through video sharing.
For the second activity, students will create a promotional video to showcase their city/region to their partner school and explain why it’s a great option for a school exchange.
- What are the top three sites that students should visit in your area?
- What are some typical dishes/food from your city/region?
- Share some insider tips about your city (e.g. where can students find the best burger, best park/public space to hang out with friends, or best place to go shopping).
- What are some sayings unique to your city/region?
- What sports are most popular in your city? Are there any professional sports teams in your region?
Here´s a sample video in Spanish of students discussing why Salamanca is the best city to study Spanish:
- Introduce yourself and explain the purpose of your video
- Presentation and discussion of topic
- Ending – What questions do you have for students at your partner school about their city and how can they ask you questions?
Video length: 3-4 minutes
Audience: Students at your partner school who are curious about your city/region and interested in visiting for a homestay or school exchange.
- Students can choose another city/region in their country.
- Students can present information about their partner school’s town/region through online research or gathering information from their partner school directly.
- Connecting Classrooms Activity Two Guide – English
- Connecting Classrooms Activity Two Guide – French
- Connecting Classrooms Activity Two Guide – Spanish